Sunday, June 10, 2007

Haitian *Iced* Coffee and Vanilla

This is a little creation of my own. I was able to get a lot of Haitian Coffee and Haitian Vanilla since I went to Haiti February-April. It has really great flavor partially because it is just so fresh! The Vanilla is almost sweet, it is so good in drinks. I have been putting just a little in my coffee and have no need for sugar.

I really like iced coffee, so I will often pour it over ice. There are two ways you can do this, you can put your coffee in the refrigerator, then when it is cold pour it over ice. This will keep it strong and it won't taste bitter like if you let it sit out. The other way you can do it is to pour the hot coffee over ice. This will make it more like iced tea, it's mild, but it just depends what you like. I like both, and especially with Vanilla. You can add cream and sugar if you like it as well.

If sugar is desired, mix first with cream or a little coffee
Fill glass with ice to the brim
Pour hot or cold coffee over ice
Add Vanilla and enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home